Our mission at Beijing BISS International School is to educate and empower our students to attain personal excellence and positively impact the world.
We are an IB World School serving the international community, committed to the ideals of the International Baccalaureate and its mission to "develop inquiring knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect".
At BISS, we implement the IB Learner Profile both inside and outside of the classrooms for a truly holistic and collaborative learning experience.
A word cloud (Wordle) of the IB Learner Profile attributes
BISS believes in...
- Embracing diversity and treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Nurturing students in a caring, safe, healthy and stimulating environment
- Striving for excellence
- Taking responsibility and learning from our actions
- Working for a better future by helping others and conserving our planet’s resources
- Living a balanced life
- The IB Learner Profile (learn more about the LP on the IB website).
- Each student will acquire and demonstrate the knowledge, skills, attitudes and concepts necessary for their success in life.
- Each student will demonstrate the competence and confidence to identify and choose their own course of action.
- Each student will achieve their own goals and the outcomes of the IB programmes to their personal best.
- Each student will be an active, responsible participant in their various communities.
- We will design and implement a scope and sequence for our curriculum that emphasises academic rigour, active learning, and personal excellence.
- We will ensure that our school has the financial capability to achieve its mission and objectives
- We will expand our technology and enhance its use school-wide.
- We will employ and support enthusiastic, quality staff who are able to actively work together towards maximising student achievement and the betterment of the school.
- We will develop open communication and decision making processes that will involve all stakeholders.
- We will ensure that our class sizes remain small to optimise student learning.
- We will improve our facilities and resources to provide a welcoming, safe, clean and conducive environment for the BISS community.
We will not adopt any new programme or initiative unless:
- It is aligned with our core values and contributes to our mission.
- It is accompanied by a plan to assess its effectiveness.
- It can be adequately resourced through available funds, space and time.
- It does not compromise our commitment to a culturally diverse, international student population.